Job Title: Voice Engineer
Time Commitment: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Bellefontaine, Ohio
From deploying the first Cisco IP Phone System in Ohio in 1999, to operating a high-availability hosted phone solution, NetGain is a pioneer in Unified Communications. NetGain has attained Advanced Cloud and Managed Services Certification along with an Advanced Collaboration Architecture Specialization from Cisco.
We seek a highly competent and motivated Voice Engineer to support voice deployments in client settings, as well as supporting our hosted Unified Communications network delivering local cloud services. Our converged network includes Unified Communications Manager, Unity, Presence, WebEx, Contact Center and IOS Gateways.
As Voice Engineer you will operate and optimize a multi-cluster, high-availability Call Manager system featuring Unity Connections, IPCC Express, SME for inter-cluster communications, and CUBE running on ASR routers to multiple SIP providers for fault tolerance, scalability, performance and high availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Extensive experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connections, IPCC Express, SME, and CUBE
- Functions as the lead engineer of our hosted unified communications system
- Monitor network and systems health to forecast and prevent service degradation
- Implement and support routing protocols including IP, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF
- Implement and manage LAN/WAN switching including VLANs, Spanning Tree, VTP, EtherChannel, VRFs, Frame Relay, PPP, and MPLS
- Implement and manage QoS across networks
- Serve as engineer on-call in rotation system
- Responsible for:
- Root Cause Management
- Network Security
- SSL Certificates
- Voice Tools
Achieve appropriate certifications to enable NetGain to maintain and advance its Cisco certifications
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Ethics - Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Communications - Verbal: Listens and repeats back for clarification, communicates in understanding manner, adapts tone and style to individual, communicates clearly with all audiences, demonstrates effective presentation skills, and presents persuasively when appropriate.
- Communications - Written: Able to document system set-up and clearly articulate tasks in a ticket or statement of work.
- Customer Service - Maintains calm, pleasant, respectful attitude; displays empathy and courtesy; resolves difficult or emotional situations; delivers promptly on commitments; takes responsibility for resolving customer issues; and submits customer feedback to improve service.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages, and works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Time Management – Prioritizes system needs impacting the whole with individual service issues, maintenance and mentoring
Associate Degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred
Solid experience in LAN/WAN multi-site configurations in High-Availability environments
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Cisco CCNA required; CCNP or CCVP preferred.
At least 2 years of real world network experience in TCP/IP engineering
Valued Qualifications (not required)
Experience as part of an entrepreneurial organization
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities
This position will be office-based with characteristics of a normal office environment. This position will also work from a client site and/or from a co-location facility from time-to-time as needed. Second or third shift work, including weekends may be required to fulfill maintenance windows or remediate system issues.
This is an exempt position with base salary and quarterly bonus targets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NetGain Information Systems Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.