Job Title:Solution Installation/Support Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Bellefontaine, Ohio
Installs, configures, and tests new hardware equipment to client specifications, recycles outdated equipment and provides training to enable client to optimize new IT infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects personal computer and network equipment and prepares equipment for delivery.
- Installs or assists field personnel in installation of network and computer hardware and peripheral components on user's premises.
- Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs onto network and computer systems.
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems.
- Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Assists in preventative maintenance and scheduled checks of network, server and computer equipment
- Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
- Refers major hardware problems to manager for escalation and correction.
- Contributes to NetGain’s Knowledge Base through addition and maintenance of documentation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pursuing or have obtained an Associate’s degree from two-year college
Basic networking, server setup and desktop imaging skills
Certificates and Licenses:
CompTIA A+ Hardware, CompTIA A+ Network or Cisco Certified Network Associate and Microsoft Certified Professional preferred
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.