Job Title:Network Technician
Time Commitment: Fulltime; On-Call Responsibilities
Reports To: Service Desk Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Bellefontaine, Ohio
This position is a technical support role working with an integrated team of Help Desk Technicians, Desktop Technicians, Server Administrators, and Senior Engineers. The primary objective for this candidate will be to monitor and maintain Managed Service client’s network infrastructure equipment and to provide phone support or hands-on troubleshooting and repair when necessary.
This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills and an ability to work with minimal or no supervision. As part of incident resolution, this position will track detailed information about each client's service request in an on-line ticketing application and will follow-up with clients to ensure that their service needs have been met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure client satisfaction
- Track detailed information about each device and service request in the ConnectWise system
- Identify and correct faults
- Provide resolution and act as escalation point for complex problem tickets
- Diagnose reported problems using standard processes and record diagnostic steps
- Interface with client representatives, vendors and suppliers to ensure adequate delivery and maintenance of equipment and services
Education and Soft Skills:
- A.A. or equivalent experience required; B.S./B.A.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to work successfully with an integrated support team
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong belief in ethical business principles
- Cisco CCNA
- Microsoft MCP
- 2+ years supporting Microsoft servers
- Experience with Cisco IPT and VoIP systems a plus
- Knowledge of network sniffer and analyzer software
- Knowledge of ftp and tftp servers, clients and terminal clients
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics are those for a normal office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NetGain Information Systems Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit An Employment Inquiry!