Job Title: Level II Technician
Time Commitment: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Bellefontaine, Ohio
ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES ARE BEING INTERVIEWED AT THIS TIME (WITHIN 90 MILES OF BELLEFONTAINE, OHIO)
Here is your opportunity to advance to the next level and demonstrate your troubleshooting skills.
Tier II Technician
This full-time position is a technical support role working within a team of technicians and engineers to provide outstanding client IT support. The primary objective for this role is to work beyond defined scopes to resolve events, requests, problems and escalated incidents, while contributing content to the Knowledge Base so that capabilities and capacity of the Service Desk continually increase.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Act as an escalation point for Tier I during normal business hours and on-call support for after hours
- Resolve or dispatch tickets submitted by means other than phone
- Troubleshoot application issues
- Act as point for vendor escalations
- Manage and resolve requests, events and problem tickets
- Contribute/update the Knowledge Base
- Responsible for particular product lines and communicating changes, updates between the vendor and our sales and service teams
- Vigilant for any security related events or gaps
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Soft Skills
- A.A. or equivalent experience required; B.S. in Computer Science preferred
- 5+ Years of IT Technical Experience as a Level 1/2 Technician
- Experience working in ConnectWise Manage and/or an MSP environment is a plus
- Ability to prioritize work and act with a sense of urgency as required by the issue at hand
- Uncompromising on quality
- Purposeful and Pioneering attitude
- Experience driving support ticket management and tracking
- Exceptional analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Certifications (CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft)
Demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas (not necessarily all): Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft-based server administration including MS Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, Power Shell, Office 365, VMWare, Terminal Services, MS SQL, Veeam, networking, voice, security, thin clients, Proofpoint, Anti-Virus applications, desktop and mobile devices.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but should be capable of mentoring and helping to onboard new employees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is an hourly, non-exempt position